- September 29, 2020 /
- Lalit Jain /
In this article, you will know about “How to Develop On-demand Music App like Spotify”
Most of the people enjoy easy-accessible and quality music through radio stations and music streaming apps like Spotify.
According to research and market, the global music streaming market was $26 billion in 2019 and is expected to react $46.9 billion by 2027.
As per Statista report:
- > The number of users are expected to reach 933.2 million by end of the 2025.
- > Music streaming revenue is expected to reach US$16,395m in 2020.
- > Most revenue is generated in the United States, expected market volume of US$6,014 million in 2020.
- > The average revenue per user (ARPU) is projected to amount to US$27.52 in 2020.
Leaders of Music Streaming Market
3 leaders are leading the sound streaming market:
Spotify is a best known app for online music streaming with 36% market shares. This app has 232 million monthly active users and 108 million paid subscribers.
The users can access different music services like weekly playlists and trending music. It has Facebook integration so, the users can share music with their friends.
2. Apple Music
Apple Music is another most popular online music streaming app with 19% market share. This app offers various features and discounts for families and students.
In 2019, Apple Music had 60 million paid subscribers and collection of 50 million songs in the library.
3. Amazon Music
Amazon music provided to its prime subscribers. It is the advanced version of Amazon Prime Music. It shows the recommended songs and lyrics on screen.
There are lots of benefits of music streaming services, including:
- > Quick access music
- > Unlimited storage
- > Social engagement
- > Affordability
Make Money with Spotify like App
Music streaming services have two main ways to earn money: via premium services and running ads. Let’ have a look.
The premium services provide unlimited free music access. It plays high-quality music and allows offline songs downloading. There are some paid plans of Spotify:
- > Individual – $9.99 per month
- > Duo – $12.99 per month
- > Family – $14.99 per month
- > Student – $4.99 per month
Free accounts may be interrupted by an advertisement. With free account, the users can listen limited number of songs. With this business model, Spotify charges cost-per-click fee.
According to Spotify, they spends money to pay royalty rewards to artists.
Steps to Develop On-demand Music App
1. Consider the app features
A music app includes some features like registration, music search, notifications, music library, social sharing, music organization, etc.
2. Choose license type
For developing music streaming app you need to get license to provide legal audio content. As for Spotify, It has two types of license:
> Musical Composition License agreement
Spotify received licenses from Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment Group, and Warner Music Group.
> Sound Recording License Agreement
Covers the rightful owners of the songs, managed by two main firms in the U.S.-BMI and ASCAP.
3. Hire music app developers
Find a team of mobile app developers that will develop on-demand music app like Spotify for you. Before hiring, you can check portfolio of music Mobile App Development Company.
4. Develop music app UI/UX design
The user-interface design is most important for any mobile app. For that, you have to create mockup, prototype, and wireframe, etc.
5. Create MVP for music app
In last step, decide your app MVP (Minimum Viable Product), and other details with your mobile app development team.
Technology Stack to Develop On-demand Music Streaming App
Developer tools required:
- > PHP for the server-side and Java for back-end structure
- > All the music files are stored in the device cache, Cassandra/PostgreSQL can be used
- > Kafka software for real-time data management and processing
- > GraphWalker for model-based tests and Python integration
- > Dataproc for platform infrastructure
- > Amazon S3 for cloud-based music streaming
- > Java for Android Music Streaming App and Objective-C for iOS Music Streaming App
- > C++ for Windows/Mac clients
- > Third-Party Libraries: Spotify Player SDK to stream management and audio playback
- > Java Android SDK, Retrofit, Fresco, Crashlytics, and Realm to provide smooth app performance
Cost of On-demand Music App Development
The cost of on demand music app development depends on the software that use for real-time data management and processing, server storage for cloud music streaming, framework for developing UI, proxy servers, and other programming languages for development.
Here are some estimate developers cost from different regions:
- > USA/Canada – $50 to $250/hour
- > Western Europe – $30 to$170/hour
- > Eastern Europe – $25 to $150/hour
- > Australia – $50 to $150/hour
- > India – $10 to $80/hour
The estimate cost to develop music streaming app would be around $10000 -$20000.
Looking to develop on-demand music app? Connect with us and get the best music streaming app solution from our experienced developers. Share your idea to get a free quote from our experts.